Hours and Services
Starting October 1, 2020: In order to maintain a balance of offering library services to the community and observe current safety measures during the COVID pandemic, CPL has modified reopening policies. Explore our website for virtual programming, contactless services, and online resources. Feel free to call us (262) 375-7640 – we are here to help!
Limited library services at present:
- Everyone in the library 5 years or older must wear a mask.
- Study rooms are available for 4 hours total daily and can be reserved. Wearing masks and keeping the door open is required. Only 2 people per room.
- Place items on hold through the Monarch Catalog or call us (262) 375-7640.
- Public computer time is limited to 4 hours. We intend to make computers available to those in most need, for instance applying for work or financial assistance.
- You may use photocopiers, printers, and we will assist you with faxing.
- 50% building capacity will be monitored to ensure social distancing.
- We will accept returns inside the library during normal hours, please continue to use the drive-up return.
- We will continue curbside delivery for seniors and others in need of special assistance. Pick-up hours are M-F 10am-5pm only.
- Service desks will be staffed to help patrons in the library.
- Seating is allowed at designated spaces; please no more than 2 people meeting or studying together.
- The Monarch System delivery van is currently operating at 5 days a week.
- Overdue fines will be assessed starting October 1, 2020.
Services NOT offered at this time, but may be phased into a later date:
- In-person consultations. We will do our best to try and help you over the phone.
- No events or programs or gatherings in the library of any kind.
CPL Staff will be required to wear masks while working with the public and in some cases, gloves. Masks are available at the Info Desks and upon entering the building. We are trying our best to sanitize surfaces in the library throughout the day. We have made every effort possible to make our building safe.
We appreciate your patience during this time! Thank you for wearing your mask!
Please note, this information is subject to change as needed (Last updated 5/4/2021).