1000 Books Before Kindergarten
One of the best ways to encourage learning is to spend time sharing books every day. Reading together helps develop important pre-reading skills that provide a solid reading foundation – a key to school and learning success. Not to mention, sharing stories together is fun!
Here is how the program works:
- Register at the library to receive a reading packet and instructions
- Read together
- Color or cross off a balloon on your reading log (if you read a book more than once, you can record it each time. Books read at storytime or daycare or by others to your child also counts!)
- When you finish 100 books (fill up your reading log), bring your reading log to the library! You will receive:
- A special sticker to take home
- A sticker to place on your book on the wall
- Collect your next reading log
- Repeat steps 1-3 and receive a different sticker and reading log at each level
- Additional prizes will be awarded at 300, 600 and 1000 books
- After finishing 1000 books, your child will receive:
- A special book bag
- Their choice of a picture book from our gift collection
- And an awesome jump start on success in school
The club has no end date except your child’s going to school, so don’t feel rushed. Just enjoy the experience! Take every chance you have to read with your children, talk about stories, say nursery rhymes, sing songs, and attend library programs. By reading just three stories a day, you and your child will have read over 1000 books in one year! You will also have shared many special moments along the way.
Contact Youth Services at 262-375-7640, ext. 110 with questions or comments.
|Monday||9:30 am – 8:00 pm|
|Tuesday||9:30 am – 8:00 pm|
|Wednesday||9:30 am – 8:00 pm|
|Thursday||9:30 am – 8:00 pm|
|Friday||9:30 am – 5:00 pm|
|Saturday||9:30 am – 4:00 pm|
|Sunday||12:00 pm – 4:00 pm|
W63N589 Hanover Ave.
Cedarburg, Wisconsin 53012